SailNet Community - View Single Post - Cats on Board
Thread: Cats on Board
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2014
snake charmer, cat herder

Location: refitting a formosa in exotic tropical locations....
zeehag is on a distinguished road
Re: Cats on Board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billpjr View Post
All I am reading about is cats getting sick. There are other sides to owning cats aboard.

Best to get them declawed if living around the boat. Otherwise they may exercise claws on your (or others) canvas and bimini tops. I''ve got a bimini with dozens of 2" long scratch holes in it now and a previous 35'' sailboat mainsail and cover clawed. Both times from cats off other boats. Don''t expect skippers to be friendly to your cat if they are causing damage.

One boat I know had a cat that kept spraying their pillows. Another boat leashed their cat to the deck so it wouldn''t jump ship. That cat stranged himself after wrapping the line around a lifeline trying to jump off the boat.

excuse me , but this is the stupidest cat hating writing i have ever e°read.

NEVER declaw your cat on a boat. makes em not able to reboard when falling over. not to mention, declawing is actually a knuckle-ectomy and removes cats ability to groom and save self. you do it to yourself then try it on gato.
never leave cat leashed when you are gone.
cats learn faster than dogs when you need to teach em stuff. mine is trained well. he fell ob once but he has better respect for he boat and what is under it. he knows it is bad there..
leave lines over for cat to reboard.... teach cat where to go to climb back onto boat.
taking a cat on board is like taking a human never boated onto a boat ..and most folks thing a cat is gonna self train.,.lol... teach well your cat or dont have it...same with dogs.
at least a cat is a good early warning for strangers approaching and they kill things that land on boat, like seagulls and gekkos and stuff....and keep mice at bay. dont think there are no longer mice and rats in marinas and thereabouts..lol... have fun being evile you haters out there...lol

mebbe if you understood cats you might not be so rude and evile.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

formosa 41,ahoomail cruising

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by zeehag; 04-04-2014 at 11:17 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook