SailNet Community - View Single Post - safe cooking
Thread: safe cooking
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2014
snake charmer, cat herder

Location: refitting a formosa in exotic tropical locations....
zeehag is on a distinguished road
Re: safe cooking

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitiempo View Post
You are wrong about kerosene. It burns as a vapor after the burner is pre-heated with alcohol. Very hot burning and virtually odorless. I doubt there has been a wick type of kerosene stove on boats for over 100 years.
friend of mine bought one recently. wasnew.
kerosene stinks when burning, so isnt like yer gonna sit inside with the doors shut and breathe this stink.

cng is great.
but..... try to obtain it easily outside of usa. is not available here, that i have found.... i am in mexico, btw.....

might be a really great idea to research cooking fuels in the locales you plan on cruising so you can figure out what kind of cooking you want to do on board at sea in a seaway and at anchor in bumpy and in smooth anchorages before committing self to anything.
there are many miles between the dream stage and inside usa cruising and out in the world of omygodswhatami gonna cook with., there isnt alcohol nor cng in mexico..nor kerosene... omy now what me gonna do as i refused to use propane on board ,..yada yada yada.....(as well as refused to listen to that crazy bitch who is actually out in mexico cruising and seeking items friends request....)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

formosa 41 and ericson 35mII
cruising tropical mexico at present, working my way southward

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook