SailNet Community - View Single Post - Baby seat in cockpit
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2014
Old enough to know better

miatapaul is on a distinguished road
Re: Baby seat in cockpit

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreasNYC View Post

Are babies 8-10 months old prone to sea sickness?
I almost bet they are more immune to it than adults but that's just my hunch.

thanks

A
Well it has been a few years, as my youngest is 15, but I remember 8-10 months they threw up for just about any reason at any time! I have read that everyone is supposed to get sea sick but some don't because of scaring of the inner ears from childhood colds and whatnot makes them less susceptible. I don't know if it is true, but it sure makes an adult feel a bit less silly if you tell them that as they get sick. But it would indicate that children of all ages would be more prone. I know one of my sons got car sick even when very young, but the other does not. The one who got sick all the time is now 18 and still does not have a license and has no real interest in getting one, while the 15 year old is ready already or so he thinks! Not sure if it is related. But lots of people take kids out at that age, so I think if they are not prone to car sickness you should be OK.

As far as facing the car seat I would think you would want either facing forward, or to one side, not in between. And of course keep them out of the sun!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook