View Single Post
Old 04-04-2014
Senior Moment Member

SloopJonB will become famous soon enough
Re: Pros and cons of steel sailboats

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobperry View Post
Jon:
Smack was talking about the bow wave. Frankie leave trace of a wake and has a trace of a bow wave. When we push it up over ten knots under power you see some wake aft like any other boat, just a bit less because we do not drag the transom. Keep in mind when you look at these photos the fact that all the crew, eight big men were all in the cockpit and our trim was far from ideal. I really should have distributed the crew weight better. But we were all having fun in the back of the bus and it seemed the right thing to do at the time.

I Googled myself yesterday and was checking out the various references to my work. I found one site called "Perry yacht images". It was several pages chock full of photos of boats I have designed and many of the photos were new to me. I keep photos of my boats so this was a bit of a treasure. And smack in the middle of the bunch was a Brent boat! Shitski! But it was one of the nicest of the BS boats and it was a good photo. I'm not sure if I am even able to remove pics from that site. There were a bunch of other pics of boats that weren't mine also. Not sure how that works.
Bob - I was joking - that boat hardly parts the water as it passes. I've seen rowboats that leave more wake.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I, myself, personally intend to continue being outspoken and opinionated, intolerant of all fanatics, fools and ignoramuses, deeply suspicious of all those who have "found the answer" and on my bad days, downright rude.