SailNet Community - View Single Post - P30 mast
Thread: P30 mast
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2007
Senior Moment

SailorMitch will become famous soon enough
You are asking a question lots of people are wondering about -- what has happened to all those boats (and their parts) that were messed up in Katrina et al? From what I hear, lots of salvage yards want someone to take the whole boat away even if all they plan to do is assault it with a sawzall. Things like masts and pulpits are difficult to store and ship. Basically, everyone is looking for a deal, which is hard to pull off when the parts you want are connected to thousands of pounds of fiberglass and lead.

Best place to start is the Pearson email list on Sailnet. Lots of P-30 owners there and they might provide some leads. P-30 owners do have a couple of sites so look for those, although some have come and gone. Also look at Dan Pfeiffer's site www.pearsoninfo.net as the one place to go for all things Pearson. But chances are you will end up buying a new mast and new pulpit, etc.

Despite what dawg says, the National Pearson Yacht Owners Assoc. likely will not be much help. Bill Lawrence who runs that keeps it a one man show and I've heard little positive about that group -- and I've owned Pearson's since 1989. YMMV of course.

"Compassion and tolerance are not a sign of weakness, but a sign of strength." The Dalai Lama

good planets are hard to find-- a song by steve forbert

I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience. I know no way of judging the future but by the past.-- Patrick Henry.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook