SailNet Community - View Single Post - Darwin to philippines (indonesia)
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2014
1982 Skye 51

obelisk is on a distinguished road
Re: Darwin to philippines (indonesia)

Quote:
Originally Posted by killarney_sailor View Post
In Vanuatu we filled in a form that was 7 or 8 pages long. When we left we filled out the same form - the only difference was a checkbox at the top of the page for Incoming and Outgoing. They had so many forms that all their filing cabinets were full and they had piles of overflowing boxes on the floor. Just the way it is.
Ha, I had the same experience in Vanuatu! In a twisted sort of way, I like the challenge of dealing with the bureaucracy, so long as the end result is that I get to cruise their country. In Brazil, I decided to disregard all advice and handled all the formalities myself, in Salvador and speaking no portugese. That one took me the better part of two days but I did get to see a ton of the city on my way back and forth between offices...

I am definitely not a rally person and I will be heading back to Vanuatu > Solomons > PNG before Indo, so Darwin is really out of the question

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook