SailNet Community - View Single Post - Catalina 309 & the Catalina Association
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2007

GeorgeB is on a distinguished road
The various Catalina Owners Associations are private volunteer organizations that are run and supported solely by their members and are not officially affiliated with or monetarily supported by Catalina Yachts Inc. You are therefore welcome to start your own class owners association at any time. But be forewarned, setting up and maintaining a website is both time consuming and expensive as is your monetary obligations to support the Mainsheet magazine. Our C34IA association has between 400 and 500 dues paying members and we are structured to operate at the break-even point as well as utilizing the efforts from about a dozen volunteer officers (Commodore, Secretary, Treasurer, Webmaster, Editor, Technical Editor, etc.) It is a tribute to these fine folks that these excellent websites are open and a source of much useful information.

My advice to you is to join the C30 owners association and take advantage of their numbers and synergy. I am quite sure that they will post C309 specific information along side the ‘30s. You will be surprised on how much your C309 already has in common with the C30. In fact, I wouldn’t be surprised that your 309 has more in common with a newer C30 than it has with ‘30s that were built in the seventies.

George Bean
Chief Measurer, C34 International Association
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook