SailNet Community - View Single Post - To jump or not?
Thread: To jump or not?
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2007
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by eryka View Post
If you hate Alameda, why would you keep the house there? Sell it, invest the money, and skim a bit of the interest to play with the kid in exotic places???

What about GF's career makes it impossible to be a fulltime liveaboard? We've lived aboard a 33' year-round for 5 years now while I work as a Washington bureaucrat ...
GEORGE BUSH! IS THAT YOU??? YOU GET OFF OF OUR FORUM! HAHA! Just kidding Eryka.

Well, BF, you already know how I feel (smile).

I will say to live your life for what makes you happy and the kiddo happy (and GF too). If that is a house, it is a house. If a boat, a boat. FOr me it was a boat.

Crazy, but I find that the boat is one of the few places that I can truly relax and escape. I don't even have to leave the slip. About the second both feet are on the dock, my shoulders drop down out of my ears, I smile, I laugh, and a lot of the worlds problems are "at my back".

I like the idea of the boat because it is close to nature and gives you more freedom than any other form of 'trasportation' or escape. It is my place and where I feel at home. That attitude rubs off on my wife and my kids, and in such, we all find ourselves happier and distanced from the problems of land life.

It is not neccessarily the boat. Others may find this in a plane, or RV, or motorcycle. Each person must figure that one out for themselves. And make sure whatever you do that the boat you get, should you choose that option, is a comfortable LIVEABOARD boat. THat is soooo important. More people are burnt out of cruising because their boat is a shoebox than anything else I know of (with storms being a close second).

Your friend,

- CD

2004 Catalina 400, Sea Mist IV (our boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in S FL and Keys primarily)
1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook