SailNet Community - View Single Post - Virgin Sailboat Shopper
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2002

Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about
Virgin Sailboat Shopper

A couple other thoughts here, I just noticed your price range. The Beneteau First 38s5 would exceed your budget. You might look at the First 38 which was an older model.

I think in the under $70K range for 36 to 40 footers you are really talking about older (late 1970''s to early 1980''s era) boats. I would suggest that in that price range that you look for a better quality boat, which perhaps means staying on the smaller end of your size range and looking at a slightly older model.

In that price range some options might include;

Albin Status: Well built boats that sail quite well.

C&C 36''s (late 1970''s) 40/41''s (early 1980''s): Early 1980''s era C&C 40''s and 41''s came in shoal draft models and keel/centerboard models. The K/CB models offer better windward performance with the board down.

CS36: A not extremely well known Canadian company that built very nice boats with a very good quality for the dollar.

Dehler 36 and 38 which are a very nice German built boat; very nice quality and sailing ability.

Sigma 36: A nice quality English boat.

Tartan 37 and Tartan 41:

Regards
Jeff

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook