SailNet Community - View Single Post - Liveaboard - Houston/Galveston
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2014

sunnyside is on a distinguished road
Re: Liveaboard - Houston/Galveston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Multihullgirl View Post
Stay in Florida.

Houston is a vile cesspool. I'm not kidding. Cancer rates are through the roof, and the effluent from both the 20-odd miles of refineries and the city itself all flow out through Galveston Bay. Never mind the smog which rivals and surpasses that of Los Angeles.

BTW took a pay-cut so we could live elsewhere, FWIW
I wish that more people believed that, because we would have more room to go sailing by ourselves.

We love Galveston Bay and Houston Area. How do people think that fuel, motor oil, and plastic gets made? Much of our bad air comes from Mexico City especially when they burn their fields. But we have to suffer from federal reg that do nothing to help the air. It just destroys our small engines!

If you move to Houston area and are kind, then you will meet the greatest people in the world that can do anything to help you. Houston feels like a small town and very welcoming.

I was not born here, but I moved here as fast as I could.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

New 2013 Quickie Guides for cruising in
, and
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook