SailNet Community - View Single Post - Pirates bight at norman island reopens after “make over”
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2014

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough
Re: Pirates bight at norman island reopens after “make over”

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeFive View Post
Are you saying that they mark that bags that they received tips for, and unload those first? Last time I tipped at the destination rather at departure, which might explain why my bags were so late getting off the boat. I'm just accustomed to tipping after service is rendered, not before. We were at the very end of the customs/immigration line.
No, I was giving a tip (be at the front of the line to get off the boat) not suggesting you tip anyone.

Your bags go off the boat without you. You first get in the customs building, then pick your bag out of a sea of luggage.

Brings me to another tip. I always carry on the airplane, so there is no chance I lose luggage or miss a ferry waiting for checked luggage. If that's all you have, you can carry it aboard the ferry, but the luggage guy will be all over you at St T to have him take it for you in the hot sun, while he is looking for a gratuity to do it. This tip has nothing to do with saving money, it's just nerve wracking to lose track of your luggage in a third world country, especially if there is anything of value within.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook