SailNet Community - View Single Post - The run aground poll
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2014

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough
Re: The run aground poll

The last time I ran aground, wait, I mean the first time, wait, I mean the only time, wait.........what are we talking about?

Well, a few years ago I had my daughter and 7 of her teenage girlfriends aboard. We anchored so they could go swimming, which really means they go floating on rafts and swim noodles out of ear shot of the boat, so they can all talk, while my wife and I make lunch.

Later, I pull the anchor with an offshore breeze, so we're pointed toward shore. I think I will just swing her around, rather than back away. I still recall watching the depth sounder go from 10,9,8,7...... bump....... in a split second. Nothing quite like 8 teenage girls as witnesses. Backed right off, but I wonder if I made facebook?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook