SailNet Community - View Single Post - Capsize, TF, spouses & bigger boats
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2002

73mensailed is on a distinguished road
Capsize, TF, spouses & bigger boats

I can''t agree more 928, that Hunter is a beauty. Nice choice. Ours is a ''92 Macgregor classic.
My wife and I decided on a sailboats last year for a number of reasons. We love the water. She loves to fish. I''m into reading in the hammock. We swim. We love to camp. Going to the outdoors is one of the things we bond with. Just had to budget.
See we''re in Arizona. We have freshwater lakes, large enough to enjoy 1-2 days on. You know, weekends. But San Diego, oh baby!!! 3-5 days off, in the summer when it''s 110 degrees. Heck, you don''t even need to leave SD Bay. Mexico(Gulf of Cal. or Pac side), Catalina, Santa Barbara, Channel Isles, San Fran. The only thing we had to be wary of was "diving in too deep" with a boat that was too big or expensive.
Ours, now, we got from the original owner who kept it in his garage when not in use. Great garage, Tim the Toolman would be proud. But it was in perfect shape. It was loved. We fell for it on first sight. After spending a few long weekends on it my wife, out of the blue wondered if we should look at a bigger one. At that moment, I never loved her more.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook