SailNet Community - View Single Post - How''s this boat sound for the money???
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2002

RjAndJessica is on a distinguished road
How''''s this boat sound for the money???

Thanks for all the advice, even though we were pretty excited about our ''find''. Everything makes sense, and I did know that this was a lot of boat for two people to operate (much less fix up/refit, even though I''m a carpenter). It looks great in the photos but I have a feeling it would be overwhelming in person.

We have our home in Michigan on the market, and as we recently dropped the price on it to try and get out of here before the next winter season we only expect in the neighborhood of 20K to spend on a boat. We''d like to not be too cramped, though realize that downsizing and lightening our load of stuff is necessary and, in fact, looked forward to. The dogs will be tough, though...200 lbs of Rottweiler in two ''kids'' named Cheeseburger and Pony. I know we''ll need a marina with some storage facilities nearby for my carpentry tools and things we won''t need on the boat, and we''ll need work in the area (perhaps carpentry on boats in the marina?).

Everyone seems to be helpful on this board, so if any of you get any ideas, see the boat for sale you think might work for us, know of a reasonable liveaboard area (as long as it''s south where the weather is good!), or have any other suggestions...well, please post or email us and lend a hand.

Your help will not be forgotten...

Rj and Jessica
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook