SailNet Community - View Single Post - "Head-Mate" Seaclos Rebuild?
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2007

SEMIJim will become famous soon enough SEMIJim will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whampoa View Post
The water might warm up enough soon for you to go for a swim :-)
Oh, it's already warm enough for that. Water temps in Lake St. Clair are running 75-77 F atm.

Quote:
if you dont already have a mask and snorkel, this will be a good excuse to spend some more money....Cheaper than a haul out for a quick check....
True. Will also be handy for un-fouling the prop, and perhaps the knot meter spinner. The knot meter got nailed by weeds as we were coming up the canal. My wife (was at the helm at the time) all-of-a-sudden says "Zero knots?" I took a look and replied "Weeds."

Tho the knot meter spinner is actually designed to be removed from the hull from the inside, for just this reason. The surveyor pointed out the plug that came with it, told us what it was for and how to use it. Says that if we do it right, we won't end up letting more than a pint or so of water in.

Which reminds me: I have to pick up several more emergency plugs and fasten 'em near each of the thru-hulls.

*sigh* I guess it's about time to make the "To Do" list and get it prioritized.

Thing is: If I sucked something up with the pump, an outside inspection may well fail to reveal it. So that's why I'm wondering how I can check the hose all the way back to the thru-hull.

Quote:
Welcome to boat ownership Captain, we feel your pain!

Jim
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook