SailNet Community - View Single Post - Pros and cons of steel sailboats
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2014
Banned

Brent Swain is on a distinguished road
Re: Pros and cons of steel sailboats

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloopJonB View Post
Is that where "Proletarian" was derived from?

Some, or most of us require more than you do in order to be satisfied - more beauty in our lives and possessions, more satisfaction and accomplishment from our life's work, more family relationships etc. etc.

Not everyone out there aspires to the life of a minimalist loner, very few do in fact.

P.S. I don't see any reason why one of your boats couldn't look about as good as that Waterline - it doesn't take any more work to make something look good as to make it look ugly or plain - all it takes is some artistry and the will.
Most do. Sea Scene posted pictures of his boat on this discussion ,every bit as good looking as a Waterline to anyone with the experience to know what to look for.
Many of my clients have raised families and wouldn't trade their full time cruising lives for anything. Most have experienced the cookie cutter consumer lifestyle you advocate, and gave it up, with great relief. All could have stayed there. Enabling them to find and live the alternative, is one of my greatest accomplishments. I wouldn't trade that for any o f the squanderism "Accomplishments" of anyone.