SailNet Community - View Single Post - would you buy used AGMs?
View Single Post
post #7 of Old 04-17-2014
Maine Sail
Re: would you buy used AGMs?

Originally Posted by rmeador View Post
Thank you all for the info. I'm not married to the idea of an AGM, and in fact would prefer a flooded or gel battery, but $100/battery seemed like it might be too good to pass up. If I could get new flooded cell batteries for around the same price, I'd go that route! My charger is a Xantrex Freedom HF 1800, which has an AGM mode. The previous owner is getting rid of them because he's upgrading to a bank of 8 L16s.

The area I can dedicate to batteries measures about 20" x 26" x 13" (height), though I can get a little taller in part of it. That's really close to the size of those batteries, Maine Sail... I wonder if I could squeeze two of them in.

The GC15 is only 5Ah less than the GC25? That seems like a tiny capacity loss for such a huge difference in price. I might have to get myself a Sam's Club membership... any idea if Costco carries similar ones? I already have an in there
Just show them your Costco membership, tell them you want to evaluate the club (not happy with Costco etc., and ask for a one day trial pass.....

Costco generally sells Johnson Controlls (JCI) batteries which are not quite the quality of the Deka/East Penn product.

-Maine Sail / CS-36T

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Images In Posts Property of Compass Marine Inc.

Quote Share with Facebook
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome