SailNet Community - View Single Post - would you buy used AGMs?
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2014
If it's blowin' I'm goin'

TakeFive will become famous soon enough
Re: would you buy used AGMs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine Sail View Post
Oddly enough the ONLY thing, that is non-routine maintenance, that has gone wrong with my Prius in 140K is the AGM accessory battery and it is now about ready again...... Nothing but the AGM accessory battery has failed on that car.

My wife's car, with 170K, still has the factory original flooded Honda battery that is now 8 years old........
I had motor mounts fail on my Prius, within about a year of purchase. Also, it has more rattles and clicks than I like.

FYI, my battery failed at about 80k miles. Other than buying at the Toyota dealer, the only 3rd party replacement that I found was an Optima battery ($147 at streetsideauto.com with free shipping).

If you find a lower price replacement, even flooded, let me know because I will need to replace my wife's Prius battery. However, note that the battery should have the little tube outlet for venting hydrogen out of the passenger area. The Optima does have that.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Formerly posted as "RhythmDoctor"
1998 Catalina 250WK Take Five (at Anchorage Marina, Essington, on the Delaware River)
1991 15' Trophy (Lake Wallenpaupack)
1985 14' Phantom (Lake Wallenpaupack)
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook