SailNet Community - View Single Post - CATALINA 350 need input
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2002

mogul11 is on a distinguished road
CATALINA 350 need input

Jeff: We saw the Hanse last fall in Annapolis and it looked nice for the $$$ my concerns were two fold. Little US suport since new to this market and it was pretty stark by US stds.

The Dehler 37c which is out of Production might work for us, but again very few in the US and little support.

This again brings me back to the big three. They all have some ups and downs, the 356 has a decent interior but I can''t get my arms around the B&R Rig. The Beneteau is way two European for mine and my wifes tastes and the overall storage is better now than in years past, but WAY behind Hunter and Catalina. Look into any cabinet and there is not bottom just Hull, valves and hose. Where is the flat area to put something.
As for Catalina I still like the way they look at the dock, but Mr Butler is VERY SLOW to embrace changes to upgrade features as the market changes. The best example is the Frig in tne C36. Very large easily divided and made into a separate freezer and Refrig. Just go steel the way Hunter did it on the 1999-2000 H380. No change to the layout of the galley. In fact if we actually buy one I will make the mod myself.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook