SailNet Community - View Single Post - Irwin Citation 34''
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2007

citation34 is on a distinguished road
Bob, I can't help on the center board issue. But, as far as the Irwin 34 Citation goes, I love it. I bought a 1984 34' Citation shoal draft this past year and sail it on Lake Michigan. It handles heavy air and swells well and I don't need to reef 'til 20 knots apparent air. Boat is not tender and seems to refuse to heel past 30 degrees. Even with a shoal keel it points with the best of them. Wife wise, the cabin has real room and is equipped from Irwin very comfortably. Prop walk to port is the story when powering in reverse until you have some motion going (3 cyl yanmar). I've had to replace the ports and the surroundin panels as the originals (Greys) were installed over the paneling and leaked as flex let in H2O. Installed new Greys (sailboat owners.com) directly to the fiberglass (couldn't afford better than Grey) and applying new panel butted up to flange of ports. This past summer I've sailed with the best of them and this Irwin continues to impress me. This boat is not talked about enough (alhough I've gone on, haven't I).

Mark
Citation 34' 'Liberty'
_/)

Last edited by citation34; 08-07-2007 at 08:52 PM. Reason: add name
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook