SailNet Community - View Single Post - Catlina 40
Thread: Catlina 40
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2002

tsenator is on a distinguished road
Catlina 40

I''d also like to challenge the supposed claim that Catalinas look more worn than the Beneteaus or Hunters. In fact, in all my looking around, I have found just the opposite !!! (and I tend to spend alot of my free time wondering around boat yards looking at boats....I enjoy it) From what I have seen (at least in all the Marinas I visit on Long Island Sound) the Catalinas seem to look the best. I pay special attention to the C36''s the most(since I own one) and I am amazed at how good alot of them look, even the ones that were made in the 80''s. I think the Hunters are the ones that look the worse for wear (other than the Cherubini designs, which still look very good indeed). The Beneteaus fall somewhere in between where some look very good and some are looking pretty ragged (maybe something to do with the different models that Bene came out with). And it really depends on how the boat was used and maintained, maybe the ones you checked out were "worked hard and put away wet". At least it shows that they where being well used and not just a floating condo.

Plus for more info on the boat, the owners and some other stuff. The C400 has a users group and a website htp://www.catalina400.org/. You could try contacting someone there.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook