SailNet Community - View Single Post - picking a new motor for the job!
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2014

barefootnavigator is on a distinguished road
Re: picking a new motor for the job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cntryboy95608 View Post
no im looking right this min at sailmasters on ebay i just have to find one that will ship . i have sent out alot of email's asking if they ship all i can do now is wait! if i don't get one of those ill go with the tohatsu 6 hp 26in shaft with the charge opt! it seams to be the one that everyone like's next to the sailmaster!
dont get me wrong i will do just about anything but i have ran a power boat down this part of the icw and it can get bad at times ! i just pick the side of safety when i can and i can allways use a good motor! but to who ever read's this post thank you for all the help! i would never have looked at these two motors! and everyone need's a little help here and there! as for the coleman i took it out and it kept dieing on me and yet the shop said everything looked fine! ( no i dont trust it)
If your going to go the route of buying a new motor don't waste your money on a Tohotsu, get a Yamaha, 20" will do, the 6amp alternator is virtually useless but will keep up with your tiller pilot.
FWIW are you in a hurry? I would hate to put anything larger than a 6 on such a light boat, dont know what your up against current wise but buying a huge motor just for the trip and then suffering a boat that is ass heavy doesn't sound like fun. Maybe you need much more power on that side but thought I would throw it out there. 200 miles is a cake walk if you can take your time.

Please keep us posted on HP your end up with, I'm very curious.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook