SailNet Community - View Single Post - Price fixing on new boats
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2002
Senior Nappy Headed Ho

Denr is an unknown quantity at this point
Price fixing on new boats

Tsenator, Csimms, Santa Claus

What fascinating antidotal minutia! Here me know believe me later, most of these tales you repeat are promotional propaganda originating in the sales and marketing departments of Catalina. This is a classic tale that many builders of mediocre boats make, using overly inflated ďasking pricesĒ and comparing them to the price of new boats. The Catalina salesman tries to convince his or her unsuspecting (and uninformed in your case) buyers by demonstrating the percentage of return and the great resale of their boats. What a bunch of Enron!

Hereís more antidotal information for you, of the twelve sailors that I knew at one time owned a Catalina only one purchase another one. He was later diagnosed as having a brain tumor which would explain his decision. The others knew what they bought, they wanted better the next time around!

Every time someone reports a situation with a Fatalina, you rush to their defense. You must be very insecure as you constantly try to validate your decision. So is it always someone elseís fault where a Catalina is concerned? Iím not trashing the boat Iím trashing you! You must have sour grape juice running in your veins. May you have no wind and be aground most of the time!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook