SailNet Community - View Single Post - Jeanneau Attalia
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2007
Not quite Senior Member

Waymar83 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Waymar83
Well done Marty!

I hope to improve my sailing skills with some racing. I guess that's the best way.

Arglebargle, I did see your boat on yachtworld as well. I noticed it had the heater as well as few other custom pieces. I hear the sailing is beautiful but that the water there remains fairly cold so I guess you won't need the swimming platform! Her is a pic of Waymar at the marina:

I'll let you know about the hot water install. I think the easiest is the one that feeds off the engine cooling system and also plugs into shorepower. I've looked at some other options including some of the gas powered water heaters (like for the RVs) but I think I've settled on that. I also want to clean up my wiring as it is a mess and I would like to install a full set of LEDs mixed with some halogen lighting. I,ve got some links I can post. (I also got great advice from this sailnet..)

Have any of you used the shower in the head? Because we only have cold water, I have not yet showered in the head(waited to get back to the marina or just jumped into the lake). I did ask about improving the plumbing (I asked sailnet!). Got some great answers on that. Bottom line is if you don't wants some smells you can't let shower water go to the bilge. thats just asking for trouble... it has to be pumped seperately, preferably into the existing plumbing... I'll post a few pics. We can share both practical stuff as things break down and need improving as well as some sailing skills. I'm also interested in how you guys have your reefing set up, how your battery bank is installed, what soundproofing you have for the engine, any creative rearranging of cabin or systems, storage solutions...

From my standpoint, I'm still on the hard for another year so I'll not be getting any additional experience, noe will I be able to do any of the projects but I will be doing some research and will post relevant findings here!

I would like to focus on comfort, performance, style, anecdotes and a little humour!

Happy sailing

Waymar - Jeanneau, Attalia
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook