SailNet Community - View Single Post - pics of sail covers made for lazy jack systems?
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2014
new dad!

christian.hess is on a distinguished road
Re: pics of sail covers made for lazy jack systems?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockwave View Post
These can be made two ways. One, as Stumble describes, where the lazy jacks terminate on the boom and the horse blanket has cut outs for the lazy jacks. This cover is removed prior to sailing. The other method is to create a lazy trough that stays on the boom. The lazy jacks hold the trough up, the top of the trough has a full length batten for support. Most troughs are built so they can be lowered and rolled so they are out of the way. The lazy jacks can then be attached to the boom or pulled forward out of the way. I can post pictures of the later style, this is what we use, setting and storing the main is then quick and ease. The top zipper can be on a continuous loop so its easy to zip. Our main halyard also lives on the headboard, its pulled back so it doesn't touch the spar.
please do post pics! I think I saw what your talking about...are the sides stowable on the boom? I like the batten ideas...

I do not like the big stak paks and the like(look like big triangles) since they take waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much area while in use and mess with the airlflow for the first 2 or 3 feet off the boom

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook