SailNet Community - View Single Post - Jeanneau Attalia
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2007

blt2ski will become famous soon enough
One might look at these hints and tips at the jeanneau-owners website the Jeanneau owners have done to their rigs.

If it has not been done, do not be suprised if the foam backed vinyl headliner will need replacing. THe headliner replacement info is my boat, which is currently getting the last interior redo in the main cabin, ie revarnishing, along with the new cusions back in late June just before the roundezvous.

Race wise at teh roundezvous, IIRC either 8 or 9 boats went out, we finished in front of the DS42 and a SO37, altho it might have been a 35. It seemed a bit bigger than a 35. I was in the middle of a bunch of 35-37's for a bit, then got goofed up on the 3rd bouy rounding, we were using crab pots, I went for a white one a bit farther than the red/yellow one for some reason, lost the crowd I was in, and allowed the other two boats to get in front of me! GRRRRRRR. Got the slow boat real quick, then the DS on the last leg by out tacking her! Every one kept looking back and seeing this little boat, ie us keeping up with everyone. I think one of the most suprised was the J USA pres or equal that was at the event!

The other arcadia skipper, went out on an SF40, kept looking back, wishing he would have been out in his boat, which is full race equiped! He has been in the top 5 out of Vancouver area for ea of the last 5-10 yrs or so. including #1 of ALL the boats in that region! The attalia did not go out, so I do not know how well/fast that one sails. She hails out of Vancouver BC. Next year if I am there, and the other arcadia shows up, we might go out on that one and show up the new boats! hee hee!

Marty
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook