SailNet Community - View Single Post - Canada Cruising Permits for US Boats
View Single Post
post #1 of Old 05-03-2014 Thread Starter
Junior Member
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0
Canada Cruising Permits for US Boats

I have been told that Canada issues cruising permits for six months that are renewable indefinitely. Having recently bought a Cape George 36 that was registered in Canada, and importing it to the US for Coast Guard Documentation, I now wish to return to Canada (BC) for extended cruising and plan to keep the boat moored in Vancouver. I have been told that there will be no tax liability to Canada to do this and I just need to obtain and keep renewing the above mentioned cruising permit. Seeing many boats moored in Vancouver with US hailing ports leads me to believe this is true. But, I cannot find anything current about this, what forms are needed, where to obtain and file them, etc. Can anyone, especially a US citizen with US documented boat who keeps it in Canada (I know you're out there, I can see all the boast) fill me in? Thanks!
manuhuka is offline  
Quote Share with Facebook
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome