SailNet Community - View Single Post - Canada Cruising Permits for US Boats
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2014

manuhuka is on a distinguished road
Re: Canada Cruising Permits for US Boats

thanks boatpoker and delite.

still looking for info from others, especially those US boaters with US boats moored in Canada.

through the summer i expect to cross back and forth from US to Canada several times. it seems that each entry into Canada would start the clock fresh. this indicates to me that for the most part, their 45 days rules would apply.

once the end of the major season arrives i had planned to 'store' (for lack of a better word) the boat there. in reality, it would probably be about six months before i was back on board and again crossing back and forth between the US and Canada, starting a new entry.

boatpoker, do you have any reference for the 6 month stay that you mention? That is what I have heard as well, but would like to read it somewhere.

delite, can you share the source for the information about the storage and work allowance, i followed the link you provided but did not see that information there.

so, US boaters with boats moored in Vancouver, i'd love to hear from you about this as you folks would seem the most well versed.

thanks!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook