SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

P30 mast

3K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  seabreeze_97 
#1 ·
I have a 1975 Pearson P30. Lost mast, bowrail and some other things in hurricane. I am looking for a source, marine yard, salvage dealer or individual where I might find some used parts.
Any assistance will be appreciated.
Cribbbeaufort,
Beaufort, SC

#2 ·
Hello out there

I am new to this and possibly quiet a bit ignorant but I am a little confused that no one has responded to this thread. Is it my wording, presentation, or does no one have information to offer. I have researched a lot of the threads in the forum and have been able to cross reference lots of info. I am just surprised no one has attempted to lead me in any direction.:confused:

#3 ·
Sorry that you didn’t get much of a response. I didn’t offer anything because the only source I know of for a mast would be for a new mast or the tube for a mast that you assemble yourself. I don’t know of any used ones offhand. Things like a used mast happen just by chance and it’s possible nobody knows of one right now.

I don’t remember who made the rail for the boat but Ruddy at D&R might be of help for that item.
Good luck with the search and all the best,
Robert Gainer

#4 ·
#5 ·
cribbbeaufort,

Sometimes that happens. Either your post got "buried" by other posts, or nobody had any suggestions, or both. I know it's disappointing when that happens, but such is life in a public forum such as this one.

In addtion SD's suggestion, you might try joining Sailnet's P30 mailing list and asking there. It's fairly active.

Jim

#6 ·
BTW, generally, the best source of information about a specific boat, especially an older one, is the owner's association, as they will know about boats that have been damaged, repaired, are under restoration, and the places to get model specific parts, even in some cases where to get them re-made to original specifications.

#7 ·
You are asking a question lots of people are wondering about -- what has happened to all those boats (and their parts) that were messed up in Katrina et al? From what I hear, lots of salvage yards want someone to take the whole boat away even if all they plan to do is assault it with a sawzall. Things like masts and pulpits are difficult to store and ship. Basically, everyone is looking for a deal, which is hard to pull off when the parts you want are connected to thousands of pounds of fiberglass and lead.

Best place to start is the Pearson email list on Sailnet. Lots of P-30 owners there and they might provide some leads. P-30 owners do have a couple of sites so look for those, although some have come and gone. Also look at Dan Pfeiffer's site www.pearsoninfo.net as the one place to go for all things Pearson. But chances are you will end up buying a new mast and new pulpit, etc.

Despite what dawg says, the National Pearson Yacht Owners Assoc. likely will not be much help. Bill Lawrence who runs that keeps it a one man show and I've heard little positive about that group -- and I've owned Pearson's since 1989. YMMV of course.

#8 ·
Despite what dawg says, the National Pearson Yacht Owners Assoc. likely will not be much help. Bill Lawrence who runs that keeps it a one man show and I've heard little positive about that group -- and I've owned Pearson's since 1989. YMMV of course.
That's too bad, I was hoping it was like the CDSOA, for Cape Dory Sailboats, which is very active... I'm not a Pearson owner...so have no direct experience with them... :D

#9 ·
Thanks every one for letting me know some one is listening. I joined the Pearson club without much luck, and I have read a lot of inquires in your forum,(once I figiured out how to get in) and have gleaned some valuable information. I have researched the Pearson site and the spar makers who made spars for Pearson. I can only assume Pearson made the mast on my boat since it bears no markings from another manufacturer and none of the dimensions match the size of my mast. One of our past presidents said the key to life is persistence, so I will keep trying. And thanks again to those who chimed in. It gives me HOPE.
Cribbeaufort

#10 ·
A good resource for parts can be found at http://pearsoninfo.net/parts.htm (including some OEM suppliers). I've dealt with Rig-Rite and Rigging Only for replacement parts for my P30 and have had great success. For used parts, I would also try the Sailnet Pearson Owners Discussion List on this site at http://list.sailnet.net/read/?forum=pearson. I haven't gotten any value from joining the Pearson Owners Association -- the forums are lightly trafficked and flooded with spam.

Best of luck and fair winds.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.