As embarrasing as it may be....
I was floating (hanging out) along at 1 kn in a almost-no-wind wind where I should not have (I should have known better). I found rocks. It was not a hard hit by any means. I got out pretty fast but not before a few mild tremors as the current carried me.
I had a diver take a look. There is a space between keel and hull where caulking was, about a figner wide. (A 3" gash in the front of a keel, and some of paint scraped off)
Boat is taking on water very slightly. I''m on the boat every 2-3 days, so that''s not a problem (yet)
I am debating a quick haul and a fix ($1000 or so) vs waiting till October. Going to insurance is not the best idea since the deductable will be most of the cost anyways.. even for $200-300 over that, I don''t want to have a claim.
Now for the stupid questions..
What is my worst case scenario short of sinking if I don''t take the boat out now. (I don''t think it will sink) What damage can happen in 10 weeks or so.
Will a simple turn on the keel bolts help or make matters worse in the long run?
Thanks in advance
P.S. Costly to learn on your own mistakes. Now I''ll always err on the side of caution.