SailNet Community - View Single Post - Float Plan
Thread: Float Plan
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2007
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailortjk1 View Post
How many of you out there routinely prepare a float plan when going for extended cruises?
We have tried to make it a habit whenever we are away for a week or so. I would suggest that it is a good idea to get into. We are leaving this evening for a week away from the harbor and I have distributed a plan to three friends on shore. We actually are sailing to a different harbor and keeping the boat there for a week, (I still have to work next week; damn it.) The weird thing is that the CG does not want a copy. I contacted them about five years ago regarding this and their response was to file it with you harbormaster. I guess they got too much on their plate. My harbormaster gets a copy along with two other friends and family members.
Am I the only one who does this?
I imagine it might be different for Long Range Cruisers.
We do too, but only on passages. My experience with the USCG was the same.

- CD

2004 Catalina 400, Sea Mist IV (our boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in S FL and Keys primarily)
1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook