SailNet Community - View Single Post - Head Holding Tank - Ericson 29
View Single Post
post #6 of Old 01-26-2001
Head Holding Tank - Ericson 29

I''m actually in the process of putting a new tank on my boat. There were bladder tanks on this boat and I would never recommend them except as a last resort when nothing else will fit. There was a review of several tanks in the Sept 2000 issue of Practical Sailor. SeaLand appears to have some good tanks and does make a large (52gal) bow tank but it is kind of pricey ( There is a company called Ocean Link that makes all sorts of shapes and sizes ( I''m sure there are many more companies doing this as well. Just search the web for "Holding Tanks". Of the tanks reviewed in PS Sealand appears to be the thickest (3/8"), i.e, no smell and very little side flex. I am considering getting their entire system, with tank monitor, vent filter and discharge pump, if I can figure out how to make it fit on my boat (only 2 sizes available 28, 40 gal rectangle)

As far as your rails, I don''t have an Ericson, but if you are refering to standard teak grab rails, West Marine carries several different sizes.

Good Luck- Steve
Quote Share with Facebook
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome