SailNet Community - View Single Post - Ericson 27 Newbie Needs lots of advice.

Search Sailnet:

forums  store  

View Single Post
Old 05-07-2014   #1
studman575

studman575 is on a distinguished road
Ericson 27 Newbie Needs lots of advice.

Hey guys, I have a Ericson 27ft. I purchased last year. Its currently moored on the florida west coast. I have a couple questions.

It has 3 chain plates that need repair. I do not know much about this. I have not ever done fiberglass repair. There are a couple guys where it is moored that said they would repair it for about $1000 dollars including a cable as well. They are wanting to affix the chain plates on the outside of the hull instead of inside like they were. I do not know much about this other than the looks of the boat will change.

Second question, The jib sail, which has a roller furling. How easy is it to remove this ail to put a new one on. The old one needs to be replaced.

Sorry one more question, Its currently moored for free. I would like to get to a slip, however they are about $9 to $10 a foot. Pro's and Cons. I know the biggest is cost.

I am def. a newbie to sailing, no nothing other than what I've read. The wife and I want to learn. I have owned several boats, but this is the first Sailboat.

Any tips or advice would be appreciated.
studman575 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook