SailNet Community - View Single Post - Question about Deck Painting Procedure for 2 part paint???
View Single Post
post #1 of Old 08-18-2007 Thread Starter
66luders

Question about Deck Painting Procedure for 2 part paint???

The deck of my luders 33' badly needs refinishing. I am undecided what paint to use. I have tried interlux polyurethane on the interior and I don't think it is hard enough to hold up on the exterior. I am hesitant to spend the big bucks on two part epoxy paints since I have no experience using them, but I think it is what I will do. I will have to do the job peice meal since I can't have my entire deck looking like a mess for an extended period of time. Can I sand and prep one area, prime it and then finish it with awlgrip and expect to get good results when I have to do the adjoining sections later? Should I take my hand rails off and port windows out?
I know it is going to be a big job so I might have to wait... in the mean time would it be a bad idea to touch up the deck with a cheaper one part paint or will I have to sand it all off later when I am ready to do the whole job with something like awlgrip?

Thanks...
Bret
Quote Share with Facebook

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome