SailNet Community - View Single Post - pics of sail covers made for lazy jack systems?
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2014

christian.hess is on a distinguished road
Re: pics of sail covers made for lazy jack systems?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesail View Post
Really? Bummer.

I'm installing lazy jacks on my little boat this weekend and the kit explicitly says they can be used to hold the boom up.

Currently the boat uses a little short bit (pig tail?) across the split backstays to support the boom. I was hoping to get rid of that.
should of stated BIGGER boats where the weight of the boom and SAIL is substantial

for example big boats you sometimes have to stand on the boom, I know I have sometimes and my weight plus the boom and no topping lift would mean snapped lazy jacks or something else

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Islander 36 refit still going on...

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
The Following User Says Thank You to christian.hess For This Useful Post:
Minnesail (05-07-2014)