SailNet Community - View Single Post - 36 (ish) Racer / Cruiser
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2007
Barkeep - Sailor's Pub

craigtoo will become famous soon enough craigtoo will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to craigtoo Send a message via Yahoo to craigtoo Send a message via Skype™ to craigtoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailingfool View Post
As a CS36T owner I highly recommend the boat relative to all your decision points.
With a PHRF of 123, I beleive she is the fastest of the boats on your list except the J.

I quuestion whether the J and C&C are close to offshore boats.

As to sex appeal and down-below, that's in the eye of the beholder, but take a look a the CS and see what your eyes tell you.

As to offshore capabilities, the PO of my CS took the boat Boston-Bermuda as a shake-down cruise, following which he and his wife spent five years cruising the islands and Latin America, with numerous offshore trips from New England to points way south.

While you are generally wise to have a repair budget, don't assume there is anything magic about 20%. It all depends on how the PO maintains the boat, if the boat is starved in terms of the expensive repairs/refits for 10 years, 20% can esily become 50% or more. The opposite example might be my boat, where there is nothing left to refit or repair (including mast and all rigging) other then perhaps a new sail.

Thanks for the great info. I really liked the looks of the CS's the problem is availability...But I'm willing to wait.

Totally agree about the C&C and J being the least Oceangoing of the bunch.

I'm going to rank these and start eliminating them one by one.

Yeah, the "20% repair budget" is just a starting point. I just picked it out of the air - Given my income, and cash on hand. Every boat will have a different plan really.

I'll check out your links... again thanks,
craig
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I love
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook