SailNet Community - View Single Post - Docking paranoia. (yes they ARE watching)
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2007
Move over Joan Rivers!

deniseO30 will become famous soon enough deniseO30 will become famous soon enough
Docking paranoia. (yes they ARE watching)

and talking about you and pointing and laughing! .. and when you pulled up you thought they weren't? So, why you are so worried about "them"?

FILL IN YOUR THOUGHTS HERE ----> -----------------------------------------------------------------

After almost 2yrs. (my yacht club has bar room that has windows looking down on the docks) of that worry. I can honestly say it doesn't bother me anymore. (ok I lie a little! ) Now when I'm there and get caught up watching newbies struggle I kindly offer to help. But I'm also aware of the "I can do it and don't need your help" attitude some people have.

Watching power boats coming in "hot" is a major attraction to sailboaters. and power boaters love to watch sailboaters inch thier way in. I sometimes still get caught up in watching the show, then realize it's not nice and saunter off.

Having river experiance "lining" canoes up and down rapids I've actually adapted that way of handling my 30ftr by having the bow line long enough to reach the cockpit (not the prop) and tied to the lifeline with a slip knot. When I "jump" the stern line is in hand and with a quick tug after bow line is also. I don't jump until I'm sure the boat is still. If a person offers to help I make sure they get the bow line because some don't realize the current will quickly spin the boat if they get the stern line. My boat also has midship cleats but I dont use them much. Our docks have padding so the bumpers don't have to be deployed until after tying up.

I must say when I hear: "Hey Denise you handle that boat ok!" gives me a warm feeling inside. I let my militant feelings stay dormant now when it's a male person offering his "approval" Unless he says: "I was watching" Guess I'm finally getting mellowed out

ok so it's raining today and home!

fair winds

Denise
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook