Thread: Aries Wind Vane
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2014
"Nubile Southern Sailor"

christian.hess is on a distinguished road
Re: Aries Wind Vane

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeOReilly View Post
I have an Aries (not sure which one, has the flip up rudder). It came with our boat and I had to do some repairs to get it operational, but it's been great. Steers better than me most of the time. Lights airs and rolling seas are a challenge for all servo-pendulum vanes, but our will maintain a course down to 5 knots if seas are not a problem.

What Christian says about oiling and greasing, but is one solid pieces equipment.

I don't think the Denmark parts are interchangeable with the original ones made in England. The daughter of the original maker still maintains a parts service for the old ones. I was able to get a package of parts from her a year or two ago. She's great, but you do have to be patient sometimes.

Why go fast, when you can go slow

thats who we were in touch with!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Islander 36 refit still going on...

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook