SailNet Community - View Single Post - Sailboat advise please...?
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2007
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
I would like to refer you to the post I put up above the one you just posted.

In my opinion, I think you need to state your max money and desire to cross oceans, and leave the size out of it. In my opinion, a 40+ foot blue water boat ready to go for under 100k will be very difficult to find. 50K?? No way. Perhaps you should really consider just staying in this hemisphere. THer is more to see here than you can see in a lifetime.

Being out for several days at a time is not a problem on most coastal cruisers.

I will let someone else answer the Hunter question. I feel I should not answer that question.

In all honesty, sailing and cruising and offshore work is not rocket science... but requires a lot of information gathering - and in the case of offshore, a lot of experience. Working a farm is tough work. I am selling my 8 acre country house right now, and I will tell you it is a lot harder than anything I have ever done on a sailboat. You can do it, but you have a lot of learning to get through. Read through a bunch of the old posts on buying a boat, Hunters, offshore/blue water, etc.

- CD

PS Farmers are the most resourceful people in this country. You can do it...

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook