SailNet Community - View Single Post - Keel: a.k.a Water Bucket
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2014

i_amcdn is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to i_amcdn Send a message via MSN to i_amcdn Send a message via Yahoo to i_amcdn
Re: Keel: a.k.a Water Bucket

Repairs done. ready for launch may 10.
After sanding the droopy first coat of filler I elected to add another coat. I mixed it really thick and it spread glass smooth so I went ahead the next day with two coats of bottomkote XXX.

Regarding the cracks in the cockpit drain, I think I had a stroke of genius in the shower this AM. It may have been that I turned over another decade overnight and now qualify for discounted bus tickets or it could just be I have too much crap and not enough RAM to store my thoughts…

I came up with the idea of rubberized roof repair in an aerosol can. I picked up a can and sprayed 4 coats down the cockpit drain, leaving 30 minutes of cure time between each coat. Although a lot of it dripped out onto the ground now the inside of the pipe is smooth, shiny and black. Tomorrow will be the test but in theory the roof repair stays flexible so it SHOULD be ok.

I also sprayed the outside of that drain pipe from inside the cabin. I could only see about 6” of it but that was the part that I had seen the crack. Cabin smells like an asphalt plant but that should go away.

1981 Edel 665
Currently on the hard in downtown Toronto.
Sailing 2014 has now closed shop.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by i_amcdn; 05-09-2014 at 10:30 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook