View Single Post
Old 05-10-2014
Closet Powerboater

MedSailor is on a distinguished road
Re: 45' Dufour 12000ct

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailing terrapin View Post
Yes! Check out our blog.
Hello Terrapins and Welcome to SailNet!! I think you'll find our community to be a warm and welcoming one. Now, before I proceed with my welcome message I have one tiny little thing I need to get off my chest...

I HATE YOU!!!!
(Actually not really. Not even a little )

Allow me to explain. You see, I've been looking at your boat for several months and for most of that time she was absolutely top of our list of candidates for a boat to buy. My wife and I had plane tickets booked, a hotel reserved, and 6 days before our flight, YOU bought the boat!!

I forgive you though, but only because it appears you have really good taste in boats. Personally, I think you got the best darn deal on the west coast. She looks (on paper at least) to be a turn-key circumnavigator with a great equipment list and layout. How cool to have the kids each have their own bedrooms!

I'm sure you've already found all this good info, but just in case you haven't, consider it my gift to you.

GREAT information here:
http://www.gonesailing.com/Documents/dufour.pdf

A website dedicated to this make and model:
Kashaya : Dufour 12000 CT

And finally, the blog of the previous owners who circumnavigated with her. (spoiler alert: there are very few blog entries about the boat breaking or fixing stuff, mainly it looks like they were having fun and sailing well)
Fafner's trip around the world

So, again, really this time, welcome to SailNet. I like your boat.
MedSailor

PS I have one question. How good is the visibility from the lower steering station? How far ahead would a log in the water have to be for you to see it? The previous owners never ever used it, it seems.

PPS You're getting rid of the dragon? Man, I thought that graphic looks cool. To each his own. I think you've got a dragon on your spinnaker as well.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I have a sauna on my boat, therefore I win.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by MedSailor; 05-10-2014 at 10:29 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook