View Single Post
Old 05-10-2014
Closet Powerboater

MedSailor is on a distinguished road
Re: 45' Dufour 12000ct

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailing terrapin View Post
MedSailor....

You hates us now, then I won't let you know what we were able to pick her up for
Evil! Evil you are!

Actually I know what you picked her up for. That was my first question after my broker told me it had been sold. I had him look her up on the dealer's side of yachtworld to confirm she had been sold as I had hoped that maybe she was just taken off the market after 2 years.

I asked my broker not to tell me yet what she sold for and I said, "I bet I could have, with some good bargaining got her for (a number)"

He replied, "She sold for (the exact number I stated), so you were right."

Nice timing on your offer. I might have bought her 7 days later for the same price. Unless, of course, you can't see from the steering station below. That's a huge priority for us.

Good luck with the maiden voyage! I did a little passage planning for her myself as I was planning on bringing her up to the Seattle area. I would caution you about the fuel tanks. She doesn't have inspection ports (which means they've never been cleaned) and she may have a lot of growth in the tanks. Once you get outside the golden gate the stuff on the walls of the tanks can get stirred up and clog the filters very quickly.

I had planned to install one of these Dual fuel filters with gauge and practice bleeding the engine before taking her outside the gate. I would recommend doing this as cheap insurance. It'll be money well spent.

MedSailor

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I have a sauna on my boat, therefore I win.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook