SailNet Community - View Single Post - How Low Can We Go? (hp)
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2014

christian.hess is on a distinguished road
Re: How Low Can We Go? (hp)

Quote:
Originally Posted by juggleandhope View Post
Thanks for the replies.

Right now I'm thinking that for this season I'll just keep the one I've got and pull it out of the well when it will be several days before I use it again, just lay it on its side (2 strokes don't mind that, right?).

Probably before that I'll try out some smaller hp engines just to see it, from someone in the club.

If I do decide to do the surgery it won't be as simple as Baldwin's - I'd be cutting into the area between the transom and the existing well. So I'd have to put up small bulkheads to keep a following sea from flooding into the actual boat, under the cockpit. Probably would have to cut off the back wall of the well and then extend the existing 3 sides back to the transom. A lot of scary work, there.

Several photos;

gosh why did they do that man?

on my old marieholm folkboat I had a nice 5hp merc on a nice little bracket that was spring loaded...came out of the water in an upright position and was way down for use normally

that hole is hideous...and definitely messes with your water flow heeled over

man

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Islander 36 refit still going on...

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook