SailNet Community - View Single Post - Have Sailnet changes been announced?
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2002

stpeteguy is on a distinguished road
Have Sailnet changes been announced?

I''m wondering if anyone has seen an announcement at Sailnet''s web site about Sailnet selling off its "custom shops" (that''s the large manufacturing area behind the old store) and moving their order center up to South Carolina, where the Boyles live?

I ask because Sailnet has apparently had cash flow ''issues'' for some time now - some of their suppliers now operate solely on a COD basis - and some local customers will only order a sail or spar or canvas or cushion work on a COD basis. Apparently, the Boyles have sold the manufacturing function to buyers who used to work for Mr. Johnson, when the facility was known as JSI or Johnson Sails, Inc.

I ask all this because it would seem Sailnet customers should know who they are placing an order with. If you order a cushion today, the local scoop is that it will be delivered by a new, different legal entity. And given the cash flow issues, you might ask yourself how any deposits are protected.

The above info comes from one local marine tradesman who deal with Sailnet and a department head within Sailnet, so it isn''t dock rumor. I thougth there might be some Sailnet customers here who would want to know the scoop before plunking down their money.

Has Sailnet announced these changes here, to anyone''s knowledge?
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook