SailNet Community - View Single Post - Jeanneau Attalia
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2007

blt2ski will become famous soon enough
Mark,

Yeah, it was right around that amount. I think it could have been done for as little as 5-6000. But spouse whom has great taste in interior stuff, and whom covered this, did the extra stuff, like piping on edges, which your pic does not appear that you have. That takes a few more yds of material, and labor. For my nav desk, she, ie upholsterior needed 2 yds of material, 1 for the top and sides, 1 for the piping. About 60-70% of the yd needed for the piping ended up as waste. Can we say OUCH!

Also, I will not quote this, but I believe this to be correct, we had 4 new white and blue stiped pillow cases made with white edging, along with 2 rectangular pillows made in the cushion material with 3-4" of flange, and some rope trim. I think the cost of these pillows is in that $$$ amount, along with me having a 9% sales taxe here, that is also included in the overall cost. Wife has interjected here, it was actually closer to $10G! Including the 6 pillows! Her face upon looking at pic of interior, was worst the a PS by Gui! Foam is teh most expensive part of the equation, and not worth being cheap on!

IIRC there was 1500 in material cost, I supplied the vinyl. THe VEE berth we went with 5" foam vs the stock and everywhere else 4" foam. The making of the contoured settee seats were about $600 extra. You have to use a thicker foam, then it is cut to fit contour.

Sheryl went for the gusto. There was NO 2nd class we will do minimum to get by BS as my ex would have done. She was looking at some material that was $150 yd, and went ouch, so we ended up with a 40$ material that at least in my eyes looks great.

Marty
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook