Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Mandeville, LA
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 9
1. Check your zinc(s). If they are at all deteriorated, replace them while the boat is out of the water.
2. Check your cutless bearing. If there is significant side-to-side movement, it may need to be replaced.
3. Check your prop. If it is at all pink or doesn't resonate, it may have had the zinc leached out. If it is dezincified, it will be brittle.
4. Check the keel/hull joint, though if there is a problem there, I'm sure you would have noticed it by now. Likewise with the bottom paint.
5. Check the strut.
6. Check the rudder, gugdeons, pintles, etc.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.