SailNet Community - View Single Post - Have Sailnet changes been announced?
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2002

WHOOSH is on a distinguished road
Have Sailnet changes been announced?

Just an observation from the sidelines: this thread is about the "custom shops", which I''m guessing most of visitors here don''t use regularly. When run as JSI, they were fine. I''ve been out cruising and so haven''t had/needed to use those shops while Sailnet has owned them. But I''ll watch things with care before taking business there, even tho'' I hear that former JSI folks will be running the operation, which is the good news. Why wait a bit? Because that''s what you do when you''re deciding where to take your business (and money) and it''s useful to see how smooth the transition is before leaping in with an order.

Those of you who order an autopilot or some dacron line are in a different situation. Sailnet just passes the merchandise along and has no say in how well it works. When you have some lifelines made...or maybe the cushion on which you sleep at night...you want to make sure the job''s done well.

Adios to Sailnet in St. Pete. Welcome back, JSI (Son of JSI?). I think we''ve just seen yet another Dot Com head over the horizon....

Jack
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook