SailNet Community - View Single Post - What is best for a Ham operator in reguards to email.
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2007
k1vsk k1vsk is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 1,174
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 14
k1vsk will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by sailingdog View Post
The FCC requires you to have a Ham license, better than Technician class, for using the Ham frequencies, but doesn't require a Ship's Station License for the Ham radio.

The SSB or Ham radio equipment must be type accepted.


Good idea about developing a FAQ on this topic to ensure accurate and factual info for such a frequently asked question.

E.G. - "Ham equipment must be type-accepted" is true ONLY if it is used on marine frequencies. Similarly, the statement about "requires you to have a ham license better than Technician class" is true ONLY for frequencies below 30MHz.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook