SailNet Community - View Single Post - Winter Liveaboard New England
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2007
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Just be aware that if you get a stove or heater—the dry fuel ones like wood burning stoves will introduce far less moisture into the boat... ventilation is going to be a necessity, since you will have serious condensation problems otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaliasvejas View Post
Hi, everyone!
I am contemplating, heck, am faced with at this point, wintering in Portland, Maine. My friend is selling me his older boat (Nordica 30) as my bachelor's pad.
I am not averse to the cold, having grown up on the shores of the Baltic sea, but would like to make it as livable as possible.
My first question, out of many yet to come, is the "wrap" dilemma. As I understand, it is a choice between condensation and keeping those chilly winds from freezing my tongue, when I try to supplement my meager drinking supply by licking the condensation off the headliner. Just kidding...
Pros and cons, please. I have to get this right the first time.
Some details... I have sailed all my life, on and off, around NYC area and NE.
This will be my second boat, but my wintering experience on the water is non existent. I am in it for the long haul, having wanted to live on the boat, more or less, secretly, for most of my life.... My ex gave me the chance...
WhooOppeee....

The seeker

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook