SailNet Community - View Single Post - How much of a propane smell?
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2007
Señor Member

TrueBlue is a jewel in the rough TrueBlue is a jewel in the rough TrueBlue is a jewel in the rough
Just the fittings would be suspect tj - and I would assume a continuous length from either your solenoid or manifold (splits the line in two in your case), up to the intake fitting of your stove.

We have original copper tubing for gas lines throughout the boat, with brass compression fittings at splitters, appliances and cocks. There is rubber hose at the tank locker and where connected to the rear of the stove - of course to enable flexibility in removing both tanks and stove unit.

I slid the stove unit out earlier this year, to retrieve a knife which had fallen behind it. I checked all connections while doing so with soap & water, just as a precaution, in case anything loosened.

The stovetop has ridgid pipe leading to each cast aluminum burner component, each of which I had also checked . . . no leaks.

This is the readout panel of the propane detector, installed on my boat presumably by a prior owner: